Tuesday, January 26, 2010

You asked for it...

After an embarrassingly long hiatus (particularly embarrassing since I am probably the only person who noticed that I took one), I have returned to blog once again. Months later, I am older, wiser, and considerably better looking. It would be a crime not to share my wealth of knowledge and experiences with my 8 followers (one of which is my mom).

A lot happened in my life during the time of my absence. Holidays passed. Babies were born. Tacos were eaten. If I could account for every story from this last month, I could be writing this entry for years (which makes little sense considering I would be giving information from a month's time, but I would do it just to spite those who doubt me). However, to save anyone the pain, I will detail my hiatus in pictures.

1. CHRISTMAS. Remember Christmas? You know, babyjesusCHRISTmas?! Well, Chick-fil-a sure did.



Above is a window mural from Waco's own Chick-fil-a back in December. If you look closely, you will see Santa Clause kneeling before the baby Jesus. You may not remember this scene in the nativity story if you were raised in most Christian homes, but this happened roughly between the arrival of the shepherds and the destruction of the dinosaurs. It's a history we don't much like to talk about, but Chick-fil-a is leading us in bravery once again.

2. Daniel came to visit over Christmas break.



Isn't he dreamy? Apparently Daniel is allergic to the entire city of San Antonio, but you would never know with his sunny disposition (see above picture).

3. Last month I legitimately thought these glasses looked good on me and considered buying them.



I think I literally found these in a section called "Senior". I was pretty jazzed about them until Johanna made some kind of Golden Girls reference.



There were better pictures of Estelle Getty wearing her glasses, but this one just spoke to me. Anyway, thank you for being a friend, Johanna.

Apart from all of that, not much has happened. I started my classes (which I will detail in a later entry) and I am participating in something at Baylor called SING (which I will DEFINITELY detail in a later entry for those of you who don't know what SING is. In the meantime, just imagine frat boys and sequins and you've almost got it).

So I guess we're all caught up then. Please forgive me for our time apart. As a symbol of my sincerest apologies, please accept this YouTube video from the great American classic, My Little Pony: The Movie (1986).

But before you take a gander at this cinematic gem, let me know how your last month was. That way, I can determine which of us won the breakup (just a warning, it's probably me).

16 comments:

Sarah said...

You're going to be in SING?? I could never have brought myself to pay money to sit and watch Greek organizations sing, dance, and be altogether awesome for 4 hours, but now I just might have to.

I hear the rehearsal process is long and tedious, so I sincerely hope you are finding outrageous fun in it all.

Love!

Sarah

Christy said...

I sure am in SING. It is, by far, the greatest thing Baylor has to offer. You should definitely check it out.

Rehearsals are hilarious for me because they involve dancing. Oh me oh my.

jo said...

Is it sad that I instantly knew what Golden Girl scene that screenshot's from?

Emily P said...

Is it sad that I just sat through that entire clip from My Little Pony? Or is it worse that Baby Lickety Split's voice and slight lisp reminded me of one of my Jewish professors?

m said...

this only SORT OF quenches my thirst for a real blog post.
ps. those glasses are hot.

Emma said...

I thought it was pretty ironic that you included a My Little Pony clip....we were actually talking about My Little Pony in my early childhood class yesterday, and how the toy is actually pretty silly. A toy where all you can do is brush the tail....the horse doesn't move at all and you can't take it into the bathtub because it will get all mildewy inside. Of course this was all from what other people (including my professor) said, because I never had My Little Pony growing up. I was more of a Polly Pocket and Barbie kind of girl.

Yeah, this is probably way more than you wanted to know....

Christy said...

Jo: Yes, it IS sad, but also impressive.

Emily: Not sad at all. Baby Lickety Split has the voice of an angelic jewish pony choir, so it's no surprise her voice reminds you of your jewish professor.

M: This is just a mere taste of the delicious rants to come. And those glasses were AWFUL on me. Don't front.

Emma: I DEFINITELY took my My Little Ponies in the bathtub with me. They did get mildewy, but I think that was the least if my worries if I was bringing PONIES with me to bathe.

Kaley Kaley Bo Baley said...

Did anyone ever see the My Little Ponies where the ponies had to fight some evil bad guy of darkness (typical) and had to open up a bag or bright rainbows/ whoop you-know-what to defeat him? Because I definitely did. Actually, maybe it was a movie. We had it recorded after Never Ending Story on an old VHS. Never Ending Story creeps me the hell out to this day, so back then I always had to fast forward through it to get to My Little Ponies. Unfortunately, fast forwarding a VHS is not like skipping to a scene on a DVD. I always had to hit play in order to see if I had made it to MLP, and was always terrified at the scenes popping up on the screen. Why did that movie ever happen? And why was it advertised as a children's film??
Anyway, I'm glad you finally semi-posted on your blog. As usual, your wit astounds me. I feel honored to know you. And to know that you are definitely not the only one who noticed your absence from the blog-o-sphere.
Isn't it weird that some people actually use that word/phrase? Like for real?

Just Kaley this time.... said...

Edit: I meant to say did anyone see that MLP movie blah blah blah and then say maybe it was just an episode. It's past my bedtime. Thus the name. Yikes.

Christy said...

If I'm being truthful, my mane (see what I did there?) experience with My Little Pony was with the later 1990's series "My Little Pony Tales" in which the ponies lived in a human-like setting and dealt with human-like problems. They definitely did not have to deal with villains of that epic nature, however, I remember one particularly distressed pony struggling with which of her pony friends to take to the concert with her. She only had TWO tickets!

Patrick said...

1. perhaps the ponies were going to see:
http://spippo.deviantart.com/art/C-My-Little-Lady-Gaga-127761079

looks like this lady also designed: my little predator, my little Edward Scissorhands, and my little slave princess leia. After seeing the last one, i've got a my little vomit...in my mouth.

2. The neverending story rules – I’d love to see a my little flying dog/dragon.

3. When I was 10, I’d say 75% of my knowledge of sex was based off Golden Girls. Now if you excuse me, I’m going to go pour a gallon of bleach on my eyes, to burn those images away.

Emma said...

Good point about the toy, Christy. In all honesty if I had had a MLP doll growing up I probably wouldn't have cared about the mildew either. To clarify, I believe that comment came from my professor, who for one thing, has three kids and is a guy. For him to understand the excitement of a pony in a bath tub would be quite difficult. As a little kid, mildew is something you just don't worry about.

And I have to agree with Kaley on Neverending Story...pretty creepy. Actually, to be honest, I don't think I have ever even seen it all the way through, so I guess my opinion doesn't count very much. But when I would be flipping through the channels and it would be on, it just looked kind of disturbing.

Lauren said...

This is awesome. And so are you.

It's good to have you back, Christiana.

Unknown said...

As far as the Never Ending Story goes, I creid when the horse drowns in the quick sand and then peed my pants when the wolf tries to eat Atreyu. A very damp occaision for Daniel O'Shoney.

Unknown said...

Also I can't spell or edit.

Kaley said...

....Daniel. This is why you're cool. Love you honesty. And love thinking about how funny it would have been to watch you watching that movie.
I also love that I sparked conversation in the comments. Yes.

Post a Comment